September 4, 2018

Down to You By: Jayne Frost | Book Review


Release Date: September 4, 2018
Goodreads 

Synopsis:


She started from perfect. A star who shone brighter than the rest
But then fate took it all away.
Now she’s broken.
A beautiful song with a fractured beat.


But I’m still on the rise.
Chasing a dream that she’s already left behind.
If I’m lucky, I can find my redemption in the spotlight.


Destiny brought us together.
Put her in my path.


It started with a road trip.
But somewhere along the line, it became a journey from here to there.


Maybe she can help me.
Maybe we can help each other.
Maybe music is enough.
Maybe.


Every story deserves a soundtrack.
And ours is epic.



Okay, so this is the first book that I read by Jayne Frost and OMG did I love Logan and Tori. They were like fire and oil and they come together to make an explosion. Each character has their own characteristics and ways to live their life, yet, they one thing in similar: they are broken from their past. I wish I had started this series from the beginning so I would be able to learn about all the characters, so slowly get to know Logan and Tori.

Tori and Logan met the turning point of their life when Logan accidentally got into trouble a few days before his tour, so Tori was assign to help with his anger management so he could go on tour and made sure he stayed with Twin Souls. Through this experience, Logan was about to learn and help Tori work through her fears after six years of trying to blame herself for what happened to her two most important people. However, as the tour goes on, so does the building chemistry between these two characters.

I was suck in after reading the first page of this book and I was so obsessed with Logan's character and his view of himself in his group, Caged. I was more gravitated towards Tori's character because of her view on life and how she dealt with it after the tragic event that happened to her best friend and husband. It was also sad to see the aftermath of what that accident did to her body, but what she did to cover it up was so eye gouging and mouth gaping. I was so shock when I read that part. However, I mostly enjoyed the banter between the two characters at the beginning of this story and how they couldn't stand each other and as the story progress, we are able to see their relationship grow into something so much more. 

Overall, I really enjoyed Jayne's book and I definitely have to pick up the first four book in this series because after reading this book, I really want to learn more about the other characters in the band.







No comments:

Post a Comment